Get ready for rainy days, California! Whether we get few rain days or many, it is best to check over your car so that it is weather-ready. It is wise to review safety driving tips for the rainy season. Doing both can prevent a number of things: 1) getting pulled over and/ or ticketed by the cops, 2) getting into an accident, 3) getting injured, 4) death.
≺ Drive slower and leave more space than normal between you and the car ahead of you.
≺ Always use your signal lights when switching lanes or turning.
≺ Turn headlights on when windshield wipers are in use, even if it is sunny.
≺ Use headlights in low visibility.
≺ Make sure all lights on your car are working properly.
≺ If you find yourself hydroplaning, remove your foot from the gas, but do not brake...
You will notice the weather has changed and rain is definitely making itself known to us again. There will continue to be more rain. In order to avoid accidents on the road and getting pulled over by the police, please pay attention to rainy-weather driving tips. Following these can mean the difference between life and death, freedom and incarceration.
• Make sure all lights are working: headlights, tail lights, brake lights, signal lights.
• Make sure windshield wipers are good and working well.
• Check tire treads and get new tires if the mechanic recommends it because good tire treads improve traction.
• Drive slower in the rain and leave more room between you and the car ahead of you.
• Turn on headlights when windshield wipers are in use, even if it is still sunny outside.
• If you n...