What Happens During Booking?
When you hear that someone is arrested, you will probably hear that they will be booked. What does that mean and what do you need to know about it?
Booking occurs right after a person is arrested and taken back to the police station or jail. There are a series of steps in the booking process:
• Mugshots will be taken
• As will Fingerprints
• The defendant’s name and accused crime will be noted
• A full body search will be
• The suspect’s clothes will be confiscated and replaced with a jumpsuit
• Any personal items will be confiscated
• Any outstanding warrants for the suspect will be checked for
• DNA samples will be taken
The arraignment is what you should be even more concerned about, if your loved one is arrested. This is when the judge determines the defendant’s bail...