California is a large state full of opportunities and things to do. Even though it’s winter, the temperatures don’t always show it. This is a great opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors by checking out some of the parks within California. With hundreds of hiking trails, 118 state parks, and 9 national parks, California is loaded with outdoor activities.
California is typically divided up into three parts: northern, central, and southern. Each part of the state has different environments to offer. In Northern California you find more trees, and in particular you can find redwoods. The Redwood National Park is home to the some of the tallest trees on earth...
With a fresh start thanks to the new year you may be feeling extra happy. As the weeks drag on you may feel this happiness begin to fade. It can difficult to stay happy as you being to return to your normal routine. Have no fear, there are plenty of ways for a person to keep their happiness. Naturally, at times being happy may difficult for some, however, these tips can be helpful and easy ways for you to improve your happiness. Entrepreneur and WebMD have several key tips:
• Be Committed – Have goals set that will inspire you to make improvements. A goal of yours may be to drink one extra glass of water every day. If you stay committed and accomplish this goal daily, you may find yourself feeling happier. Completing your goals will be rewarding.
• Be grateful everyday – Everyday when you...
Each state has different laws in regards to a lot of things, but what you may not think about is the difference in motorcycle laws. California has a different set of laws pertaining to motorcycles than others states. If you’re thinking about getting your motorcycle license (M1), you may want to look at all the laws and requirements first. It’s not as simple as buying a bike.
Here are some of the laws the California DMV has in regards to motorcycles:
• Eye protection is not required.
• In order to be street legal motorcycles must have turn signals and a mirror.
• The age requirement to obtain a M1 is 16.
• If you are under 21 years old, you must take a safety course in order to get your M1.
• If you are over 21 years old you must take a skills test in order to obtain your M1.
It is the start of a new year, and that means new laws will be going into effect. One such law is California State Assembly Bill 711. This new law will allow alcohol manufacturers and licensed sellers to provide customers with discounted or free transportation through a taxi or other ride sharing service.
The idea behind this new law is to try and reduce the amount of drunk driving accidents that can occur. This will provide people who have consumed alcohol a safe and convenient way to get home. With this new law, bars and alcohol manufacturers will be able to offer vouchers for free, or discounted rides through a local transport service. Examples of these services include taxis, Uber, and Lyft.
Before this law, alcohol manufacturers and providers were not allowed to provide their clients...