(Some) drone operators and enthusiasts may rejoice – commercial use drones by businesses will no longer need special permission from the Federal Aviation Administration to fly the drone each time they wish to do so. There are still regulations and rules to follow, but it will be much less of a hassle in due time. Here’s what you still need to know:
- Drones must weigh no more than 55 pounds.
- Drones may fly no higher than 400 feet.
- Drones may fly no faster than 100 miles per hour.
- Operator must have a direct line of sight with the drone at all times.
- Drones may not fly after sunset.
- Drones must be kept away from crowds.
- Operator must be FAA-certified.
Again this applies only to commercial drone use, not private/ personal drone use...