Bail bonds and bail can easily be mistaken as the same thing, especially to the many of those who do not know the legal process that well. Bail bonds and bail are related, but they are very different.
Bail is the amount of money a defendant will have to owe court in order to be released from jail. A judge will determine the amount of bail per defendant, based on the crime he or she is accused of committing, his or her criminal history, his or her ties in the community, and their financial ability to pay for bail. The full bail amount must be paid in cash, to the court, before the defendant can be freed from jail, and it can be refunded at the end of the process, if everything goes smoothly.
A bail bond is issued by a bail bond company...
You will notice the weather has changed and rain is definitely making itself known to us again. There will continue to be more rain. In order to avoid accidents on the road and getting pulled over by the police, please pay attention to rainy-weather driving tips. Following these can mean the difference between life and death, freedom and incarceration.
• Make sure all lights are working: headlights, tail lights, brake lights, signal lights.
• Make sure windshield wipers are good and working well.
• Check tire treads and get new tires if the mechanic recommends it because good tire treads improve traction.
• Drive slower in the rain and leave more room between you and the car ahead of you.
• Turn on headlights when windshield wipers are in use, even if it is still sunny outside.
• If you n...