Starting June 9th, people age 18, 19, and 20, will no longer be able to purchase tobacco products in California. Currently, you have to be at least 18 years old to buy cigarettes, but this is a move towards lowering teen smoking, an act which we are all aware has serious health risks. The Institute of Medicine conducted a study that resulted in 90% of daily smokers admitting to have begun smoking before they were 18.
California is the second state, behind Hawaii, to raise the legal smoking age and we will not be surprised if other states follow.
Anyone who is caught selling tobacco products to individuals under the age of 21, after the law change, can be charged with a misdemeanor. They will have fines, can face jail time, and may lose their license to sell product.
If in the future, yo...
It is no secret that cigarette smoking is increasing among teens; not everyone obeys age limit laws. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration are constantly implementing new rules for smokers and the most recent ones focus on manufacturing, labeling and marketing, and not selling to those who are 20 or younger. The new rules apply to smoking cigarettes, cigars, hookahs, and also the more popular and “safer” e-cigarettes.
Everyone is well-educated on the risks of smoking – both for the self and for others passing by who inhale those fumes, which is called second-hand smoke. Despite knowing the health risks, people smoke anyway to relieve stress, to calm down, because of peer pressure, or because it’s “cool.”
The new regulations will take time to be implemented but note that violati...
When you are looking to get a friend or family member bailed out of jail, you want someone who will be there for you. You want someone who is reliable; you want an Sausalito Bail Bond Store bail agent. You can always count on our bail bondsmen to be there for you and your loved one when you need them most.
We have bail agents located all across California working in offices, or roaming the areas between our offices, looking for people to help. We serve all of California with the best bail bonds help we can provide. We treat all of our clients with the dignity and respect that they deserve.
The bail bondsmen at Sausalito Bail Bond Store are available to assist you and your loved one whenever you need them. Day or night, you will be able to get into contact with one our highly skilled bail...
The number of reasons why Sausalito Bail Bond Store is the California bail bond company you want on your side seeing you through your tough situation are multiple:
- 24/7 state-wide availability
- Nearly 30 years in the bail bond industry
- Over 120 friendly and reliable agents and representatives
- Customized, low monthly rate payment plans
- No interest
- No hidden fees
- Zero down – for qualified individuals
- Confidentiality and very quick service
- Additional discounts available for qualifying individuals
- Financing is available
- Agents and representatives fluent in various languages other than English
Sausalito Bail Bond Store is a top bail bond company in California. And even though there are many bail bond companies who have more years of experience, they do not hold the level of respect,...
Bail bonds always receive negative connotation because it is a concept that releases suspected, not yet convicted or acquitted, individuals from jail. Many people think that those out on bail will simply skip town and ignore court. But they don’t really know the facts about the bail bond industry, do they?
- Defendants released on bail are more likely to make all their court appearances than defendants released on recognizance (release without a financial payment).
- Defendants released on bail are less likely to have a bench warrant issued for their re-arrest compared to those released on an unsecured release (recognizance).
- Knowing that their family and friends are providing financial support for their bail, defendants out on bail are less of a flight risk.
The justice system cannot h...