When someone is arrested for a crime, then they post bail, there are two thoughts on the situation. One thought comes from some strangers, “Great, a criminal back on the streets.” The second thought comes from family, and friends, “He or she can get some freedom back!” Whether you see the negativity or positivity in posting bail, there are many benefits to posting bail, some you may not have considered.
• The defendant can return to work, receive paychecks, and pay off bills and support the family.
• The defendant can spend more time surrounded by supportive loved ones.
• The defendant can better prepare for their trial.
• If a defendant posts bail, they are not in jail and your tax dollars are not going to this defendant.
• Jails and prisons are filled with non-violent and viol...