In a state where gun laws are already considered among the most restrictive in the country, the majority of voters just agreed to make it even more so. California voters approved Prop 63, which includes, but is not limited to:
• Speeding up the seizure of guns from individuals who are no longer allowed to own them.
• Banning large capacity ammunition magazines. Owners who purchased these in the past legally must now surrender these guns.
• Requiring background checks for ammunition sales.
• Reporting theft or loss of a gun to the police within 5 days.
• Increasing consequences for stealing guns.
The passing of this prop was certainly influenced by recent mass shootings and the need to create a safer environment for all...
Domestic violence is a matter that is never taken lightly. This is violence that occurs within a familial or intimate relationship. It can be violence between lovers, spouses, or against children. It is a heartbreaking matter, a painful process to investigate, and a tough battle to overcome.
One of the biggest issues with dealing with domestic violence is the actual relationship between the two. Take a couple for example. The man hits the woman every so often. She insists it was her fault. That she shouldn’t have yelled at him. She loves him and she knows he loves her. She will not press charges, leave him, and she will stay with him. The people who feel pain in cases like these are the victim, their family, and extended family members and friends who are aware of the situation...