California gun owners and sellers, prepare yourself for even more gun laws. Here is some of what you will need to know, and how it might change your habits:
• Anytime you buy ammo, you will now need to pass a background check. This will go into effect July 2019.
• If you travel outside of California and purchase ammo, you can only bring up to 50 rounds back into California. Anything more results in a misdemeanor charge.
• You can sell 50 rounds to relatives, but in order to sell to friends, you must go through a licensed dealer.
• If you purchased a gun with a detachable magazine between 2001 and 2016, you must get it registered by 2018.
• High volume magazines, more than 10 rounds, will need to be destroyed, sold back to licensed dealers, or turned over to the police.